Interested in joining the New Jersey Christmas Tree Growers Association?
Whether you’re a grower, or interested in becoming a grower, you’ll find plenty of helpful information, tools, resources and a supportive community as a member in the Association, all designed to help you grow your business.
OUR VISION STATEMENT:
To encourage the production of quality Christmas trees and to market them effectively.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To provide the membership with educational seminars for the production of quality Christmas trees and marketing techniques.
New Jersey can boast of having the first Christmas tree farm in the country.
In 1901, W.V. McGalliard planted 25,000 Norway spruce on his farm in Mercer County. Seven years later they were marketed for $1.00 each to customers who chose their trees in the field, cut them, and brought them home. Arrangements were also made to allow tagging prior to the season and for delivery by a horse drawn wagon.
Since that first cutting in 1908, the tradition of choose and cut farms has grown and prospered to well over 250 intensively managed operations in New Jersey. The need to organize became apparent years later because the industry and markets were changing along with customer demands. In order to compete in the marketplace, Christmas tree growers had to produce a variety of quality trees at a reasonable price, and then effectively promote this product to the public.
Thus, the New Jersey Christmas Tree Growers’ Association was formed in 1950, with the goal of apprising its membership of the latest information in the production, promotion and marketing of Christmas trees and related products.
For over 60 years, the Association has grown and prospered due to the dedication and interest our members have for the production and promotion or REAL Christmas Trees. Membership Benefits include:
– Quarterly Newsletter: This is great reference to have when a grower needs an information source for the control of insects, diseases, weeds, rodents, deer, mice or other pests that adversely affect the plantation. That tractor, mower or mechanical shear needed to maintain the trees can also be found in the ads placed in Needle Points.
– Three Annual Meetings: The NJCTGA meets three times a year to discuss growing and marketing trends, present the latest research and industry forecasts and create solutions to move our industry forward.
– Member Networking: Meet with other Christmas Tree farmers to share views and insights, brainstorm solutions and enjoy the support of the community.
– Rutger’s Research: The NJCTGA supports specific research studies via Rutger’s University that is of benefit to our growers, with the latest findings on growing, pest management, yield, and more.
– Marketing Program: As a member, you’ll have access to marketing strategies, tools and resources to help you promote your farm, including promotional materials.
JOIN NJCTGA TODAY:
The Board of Directors invites you to become a member, share in and contribute to the collective knowledge that will expand your business and our industry.
Our members are dedicated to producing fresh Christmas Trees of the highest quality, keeping green space green, protecting the environment and ensuring that the joy of REAL Christmas Trees will always and forever be part of Christmas Tradition. Join us today!